Monday, March 21

Running

So I've been riding the exercise bike since January to help me get ready for this race that Jana and I are doing. I've known all along that I'd have to start running at some point because riding a bike and running are very different. I have not been looking forward to running, because I, well, hate it. But I went and bought all the things I will need to run and hopefully not be too sore, so now I have to start running. My plan is to start Wednesday. :)

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

I ran today for the first time in 2 years and it was hard! I only made it 10 minutes before my body hurt and my new shoes cut my heels open. Keep at it! It is totally worth it and it will turn into something you love after a while.

Jana said...

Yay for a healthy family! I'm so excited for you to start, Hillary! I hope you don't hate it the whole thirteen miles...because that is l-o-n-g. I wish you had someone to run with, it is so much easier. Do you have an mp3 player so you can listen to a book or music?

Good job, Kari! Too bad the shoes hurt you so quickly. Hopefully they'll get broken in soon.

Hillary said...

I don't have anyone to run with, but I kind of like the solitude. I don't get it as often as I'd like. I do have an MP3 player and am hoping to put Harry Potter books on it. I hope I don't hate it the whole time either. I do hope I end up liking it, but I'm not holding my breath.