Good news on the job hunt! Jason had a Skype interview with a practice in Fredericksburg, VA on Thursday. He said it went well (although somewhat awkward being on Skype) but we weren't getting our hopes up. We sent thank you letters the next morning and anxiously waited. Well, we didn't have to wait long! Yesterday one of the doctors left him a message saying they'd like to meet him in person in the next 2-3 weeks and to call her back. Yay!
Last night they spoke and she said they are going to be doing a "working interview." This means he'll be shadowing the doctors for part of the day, and then doing some basic clinical stuff on some of the patients, as well as meeting the staff, checking out the office, etc. She said it is mostly to make sure he wants to work there. It seems like, as long as their personalities click, they want him! Double yay! And, to top it off, they are paying for our hotel for two nights when we go up. TRIPLE YAY!
This practice is awesome. As Jason put it, the reason he applied to do a residency was so that he could hopefully get into this type of practice...and now it's looking pretty good that he will WITHOUT doing one! And yes, I'm getting my hopes up! Currently the practice has three doctors, one wanting to cut back his hours now and retire in the next 2-3 years. At that time, they'll be looking to add another partner (aka Jason) as long as they all get along and he brings enough to the table. This is the absolutely perfect scenario. They're excited about having an associate with a family, because there is so much opportunity to network and bring in more clients if you have a family--people you meet at school, in extracurricular activities, etc. Two of the doctors are in their 60s and the young doctor is single, so they said Jason could fill a niche they haven't had. The practice is huge--5000 square feet! They have 23 employees (we've never even heard of an optometry office with that many employees before) with each doctor having his own tech/scribe. It's a medical model practice, with all the newest office equipment and bells and whistles. Exactly the kind of office Jason has been dreaming of! We feel so blessed, it's incredible. So, keep praying for us! We need this last hurdle to go perfectly, and then hopefully we'll be there! My race is April 9th and his interview is April 11th (Kurt's birthday!) so we may drive up right after the race. We'll see. I'm so excited!
6 comments:
That's awesome news! I hope everything goes smoothly. Virginia is a lot easier for us to get to than Alaska, although Heather was pretty excited at the prospect of visiting you in Alaska.
Let them know it's my birthday. I'm sure that will influence them to the good. :)
I'm so excited for you guys. I know it's so hard to be patient, but Heavenly Father knows exactly what He is doing and what the timing of things needs to be. I am pretty excited that you'll still be closer to us than the West coast too.
WOHOO!
(Dad said) We're obviously very excited and praying hard for you, Jason, and your family. But I'm with Heather, I would love to visit you in Alaska as well; we could have made it a family affair and come up with Kurt and Heather. That being said, we would love to visit you in Virginia as well (much more than in Alaska). I hope you have a great trip for the interview and the doctors paying for a motel/hotel is super! Enjoy yourselves and see as many sights as you can.
I thought I was on Mom's sites when I left the above comment. Sorry for the double reference.
Since it's been such a long time since I've written anything, I just had to add another comment about the pictures. They are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Post a Comment