Saturday, March 12

it's great to be EIGHT

This morning I ran EIGHT MILES. It was hard...so hard...but I finished! The last mile was the l-o-n-g-e-s-t mile I have ever run, but I didn't give up. I think I'm more proud that I ran the entire last mile than I am that I ran eight miles. It was so hard. Hopefully next Saturday will be better. BUT YEAH! This is the farthest I have ever run and I wanted to boast a little! Yay me!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Good for you! I could never do that, nor would I try, for that matter.

Kurt said...

How long did it take? Seems like the time commitment would be a big part of these running sessions.

Jana said...

Yes, the time is difficult. It definitely is a family committment. Jason ends up watching the kids for quite a long time Saturday mornings. With stretching and drive time to and from the park, it was about 2 hours and 15 min for the 8 mile run. We don't usually time ourselves because we're not as concerned with that as we are just finishing, but this morning we ran 5 miles and did start a stopwatch. It took us 52 min to run 5, so we run a mile in a little less than 10:30. Sorry 'bout the babbling. :)

And sorry you had to leave before we could get ourselves together to get on Skype last night, Kurt!