Thursday, February 10

ME: an accounting

So, as far as my goals for this year, I'm doing decent on some, not so great on others. On Saturday I ran 5 miles! I'm on par with my training to finish the half-marathon on April 9th. The hardest part of this is just getting out of bed in the morning. I think it's that way with any exercise routine.

I'm not losing weight the way I wanted to. I still have 19 pounds to go to get to my pre-prengnacy weight, and I only had gained 30 altogether! Grrr. The five pounds I gained at Mom and Dad's over Christmas was a big set-back. All that dip and cookies, mmmm.... I've given up chocolate for the YEAR and that has been helpful, and surprisingly easy so far. I'm considering giving up all sweets and treats until Jason's graduation date--MAY 20TH FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO COME!!! (A subtle hint that we'd love to have you here.) I'm still trying to decide if quitting sweets cold turkey is the way to go. You'd think that nursing and running would have more of an impact...AND we're eating healthier! I know I just have to start counting calories, but I really really really don't want to.

As for my last goal, my scripture reading has been pretty dismal. Jason and I keep discussing new strategies to help me improve, we'll see how this next week fares.
Oh yeah, and Jason was THRILLED at the outcome of the Superbowl! Here is a cute pic of what we did during the game. If you can't tell, Macie is wearing a Steelers dress sent to us from her uncle just to bug Jason, and Addie is wearing a Green Bay shirt. Addie is saying "Go Green Bay!"

3 comments:

Hillary said...

As I was reading about how frustrated you are about not losing weight I had the thought that maybe you aren't eating enough calories, and thus your body is in starvation mode and trying to retain as much fat as it can to sustain you. Just a thought.

I was glad the superbowl was exciting. I didn't really care who won. I wanted Green Bay to win more than the Steelers. I'm just glad it was fun to watch and wasn't a blow out.

The two best ways for me to read my scriptures are either at the table while I'm eating my breakfast or in bed just before I go to sleep at night. Good luck finding your best way to do it. It's a great goal to have. I haven't always been the greatest either, but I really appreciate it when I am doing well with reading every day.

K.E.N said...

Eric says it is never good to quit something altogether because then you eat more of other things to substitute and thus will probably eat more calories than you would have if you just ate a reasonable amount of the sweets. And as to counting calories, we've just been eating healthier with better portions and I'm losing weight...maybe not crazy fast, but I'm down 5 lbs from Christmas just by doing that-slow and steady.

Hillary said...

Good for you Kari. Stick with it.