Thursday, October 28

discussion

I love the holiday season! I love Halloween (what are your kids all being?) and Thanksgiving (esp. this year because I don't have to make a thing!) and Christmas. Yay! I love having our house smell like cinnamon.

So...Kari and I spoke yesterday and I guess I should clarify what I was hoping to do on our "family day" over Christmas. Here it is...NOTHING. I just wanted to hang around, play a bunch of board games, maybe really do a craft this year?, eat some good food, and enjoy seeing you all. I know we'll be spending time Sunday after church together (is that when we want to do the gift exchange/white elephants?) but because Mom and Dad have late church, I figured we wouldn't all get to be together for long. I simply wanted one more day to all spend together. Kari and I discussed Wed. as being optimal as her in-laws will be gone by then, if that works for everyone. And because we'll just be at the house, if you can only take off the afternoon from work, that would probably work too. I was just hoping for one "whatever" type of day.

Jason and I won't be getting in until Saturday (we're not sure if it will be morning or night, depends on if we feel up to driving through the night) so I hope "family day" will work out. If not, I'm sure we'll still be able to see everyone. We will be leaving on Thursday.

And is everyone ok with wearing white/black/red to church on Sunday for pictures?

7 comments:

Mom said...

We have morning church until the end of the year, so we have the whole afternoon and evening to be together.

Jana said...

Oh sorry, I asked Kari and she thought you had afternoon church. Great!

K.E.N said...

I totally thought you had afternoon church...man, I must be pregnant.
Is it okay if Noah's sweater is red but his pants are brown? He doesn't own any black pants-sorry.

Heather said...

Kari - what size is Noah in? I'm sure I have an extra pair of black pants in sizes up to 5T. Just got another huge bag of hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law.

We will definitely be there for Sunday pictures and hanging out afterward. My family is still hammering out the details of who is going to be in from out-of-state for Christmas so I'm not sure if Harvey and I will be around for Wednesday or not. It's tough because I definitely want the hang out time but I have cousins I'm close to that I haven't seen in over a year who are going to be in town for a limited time. Bah! The holidays are stressful.

Hillary said...

I know what you mean Heather. It's so hard to schedule everything in that you want to. We will understand if you can't be there on Wednesday. We all have other extended families too. We're just glad you'll be able to be there on Sunday.

Kari, I might have a pair of black pants too if Heather doesn't. I still have boys clothes 3T and up. I think the red sweater will be fine. I was just thinking the picture might look a little nicer if the red wasn't an overwhelming color in the picture. But we don't even have to go with my idea. I just threw it out there.

Jana, I think your plans sound great. I really don't want to have much structure either. Lounging around sounds much better to me and we will definitely need lots of good food to eat. I think the white elephant and cousin gift exchange should happen on Sunday.

I'll post Halloween pictures soon. I love the holidays too, Jana. Halloween through Christmas is definitely my favorite part of the year. What's better than the holidays is being able to spend them with family. I'm so glad that all you guys get to come.

K.E.N said...

In pants he wears a 3T-but I guess it would depend on how long they are. Thanks! I probably won't be wearing much red and Eric might have on a red tie and the babe will be in white. So our family won't be contributing much to the red factor.

Jana said...

I may venture out and buy a red hair bow or two for Macie and Addie. Addie was given a black and red Christmas dress that is beautiful, but I don't know what size it is, so it may or may not be too big for her by then. We'll see. If it is, she'll be in a white dress. I don't know what Macie can wear. We may have to find something...I've been meaning to make a trip to Goodwill for a while. :)