Thursday, September 9

Sorry for the long absence in blogging. I can't get the pictures to load, so once it's working again, I'll put up some pictures. Here are some snippets from our life:


We love this house. LOVE. I wish we were going to be here longer to enjoy it. It's amazing how much a little more space can help a family's happiness.


I crimped Addie's hair for church this last Sunday. It's amazing my pink Vidal Sasoon crimper from 5th grade still works! Jason wasn't as sold on it as I was, but after her nap the poof was considerably less and he came around. Several people told me how much they liked it, and she loved it and kept looking in the mirror, so overall it was a success.


Jason scraped rust off of someone's cornea today. I'm so proud!


My belly seems much more heavy this pregnancy, and by the end of the day I have to be sitting down to function. I'm carrying this little guy lower than my girls. I've gained less weight overall and am excited about that, but between a sore stomach and ridiculously painful sciatic nerves, this has been my most uncomfortable pregnancy. I have it so easy, though, compared to many so I shouldn't complain. I'm finally looking forward to him coming. I want to see what a Jason/Jana boy looks like. Probably blond, blue-eyed, and skinny--like his big sisters.


Macie is walking fairly well, and communicating with several signs. She signs more, please and all done. She doesn't really say anything out loud, though. She used to say uh oh and I'm pretty sure she was attempting Addie the other day, but usually she just babbles--a lot.


Addie can't get enough of the swing in our backyard. Too bad the mosquitos can't get enough of her.


On Labor Day we went to the Delta Fair with some friends. While it was not worth the admission fee, we did have a good time and Jason and I came out with some pretty sweet looking sunburns. His forehead has started peeling. I guess we learned our lessons. At least we were responsible enough to lube up our children. We watched a demolition derby at the fair, and one of the cars kicked up HUGE clods of dirt...directly on my face! I had a huge clump of dirt stuck in my teeth! Some went down my shirt, stuck to my cheek and arm. Macie had some on her face, too, lucky for Jason he was holding her and blocked him! I couldn't stand the dirt in my teeth long enough to take a picture. One of the friends we were with was laughing so hard at me that he had to go behind the bleachers to calm down. It took three very full baby wipes to clean my face off, and I tasted dirt in my teeth for the rest of the day. It was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That derby sounds super fun! I know what you mean about putting sun screen on the kids but not yourself. I'm pretty good at that one. Charlie laughs at me quite often, as I rub aloe on my redness. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. I always had easy pregnancies, but never really like being pregnant. I tried not to complain too much though, because like you said, I knew I could have things much worse. I'm glad you're back to blogging. Can't wait to see the pictures.