Wednesday, June 23

18 weeks!

Yep, I finally had my first doctor's appointment yesterday and they put my due date down as Nov 24th. I thought I was about 14 weeks along, but apparently I'm quite a bit more than that! They scheduled another appointment for me next week to do some additional blood work and checking. They couldn't get a great shot of the gender yesterday, but the doctor thought it might be a boy. I'll be getting another one in a few weeks to find out for sure. I don't know how clear the due date actually was, as some things on the baby were measuring bigger and some smaller, so hopefully when they do the next ultrasound they'll get a better picture.

The baby's heart beat was right on, and they were pleased with my health and how everything is going, except that my first appointment was so late. Well, if their calculations are right, I didn't even take my pregnancy test until I was 11 weeks! The remaining 7 weeks were the hassle with getting approved for Medicaid.

I just love the doctor's at my junky Medicaid clinic. Even though the facilities aren't the greatest (it's housed in a converted motel), I have always love the doctors, their policies, manners, and focus on family health. Here is a cute story from yesterday. I took Macie with me because she had a fever and I didn't want to leave her with anyone, so when the doctor came in to question me she was cuddling with me on my lap. The doctor asked if I smoked, no, drank, no, was taking prenatal vitamins, usually, exercised regularly, yes. He was pleased with all those answers. Then he pointed to Macie and said, "Well, it's obvious you are a very good mother." I thought that was sweet. So, 18 weeks. Crazy.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That is pretty crazy that you are 18 weeks along. You will have your baby before Kari. That's funny to me. At least that means you will be more likely to make it to Christmas though. I'm glad everything looks good, and I'm excited if you really are having a boy.