Monday, December 14

I had a fun time doing Addie's hair today (I am so lucky that she lets me do it, I love it) and she looked like Medusa. She thought it was great anytime she caught a glimpse in a mirror. Here are her before and after pics.

Macie is sick and feeling pretty crummy. Sick babies are so sad, there is just so little you can do for them. She's been sleeping a lot, throwing up a lot, crying a lot, and wanting to be held A LOT, A LOT--a great combo. (Well, the sleeping part isn't so bad.) Addie has been great at trying to help out and still gets her to smile when I can't. Addie really is a wonderful big sister. Here they are in a blanket fort a few days ago. I thought it was so cute that Addie wanted to read to her.


I made this sign for my neice, Chaela, for her birthday. I think it turned out really cute. I enjoy painting these name signs. Someone from my Stroller Strides class asked to pay me to make one for each of her two sons, and I'm excited about that. My friend Corrine thinks I should try to sell some at local craft fairs and I'm considering it. We'll see!
Heather, Kurt, and Kari, would you mind taking a picture of the ones I made for you and emailing them to me sometime? If I end up doing a craft fair, I'd like to have them as examples in my "portfolio." (That sounds so official!)

Jason's finals are done on Wednesday and I am SO EXCITED to have him back!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Blanket forts are so fun. I used to love it when you guys played in one. For a small time I knew where you all were. I like the blanket too! When are you leaving for the West?

Kurt said...

How did you get Addie to sit for so long? Didn't it take ages to do all those braids?

As soon as we get the name sign you made hung up, we'll send you a picture. Yes, we're shmucks.

Hillary said...

I love doing my girls' hair. They just don't let me do it very often anymore.:(

I hate sick babies too. They are the worst. I hope she feels better soon, especially before you start to drive.

I really like the way that name sign turned out. I like the ribbon idea. It really adds to its appeal. I think doing them for craft fairs would be fun, but making them personalized might be a little tricky. I know you can just do a bunch with common names, but then you have to have a bunch of inventory and what if someone wants a special name you don't have? You'd have to think of how to handle that. I think they would sell well though.