Monday, August 10

On the band wagon...

So, today I officially started the diet. I know that puts me at a huge disadvantage, but I just couldn't help myself on the way home from Jana's. Then when we got back I didn't have the right food in the house and I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping yet (I'm going tomorrow). Anway, I'm not discouraged though. I know I can be successful. It's going to be so much easier once the kids are back in school and we have a better routine to our lives.

The Genesee County fair starts this weekend. We are trying to finish up all the kids' projects. I'm glad that they each only signed up for a couple projects because that is plenty for me. We went and got the goats from Charlie's parents' house last Thursday. Charlie finished the fence today. The poor goats had to be on dog leads until then. They survived though. It actually made them easier to catch too. Now that they are loose in the pen, the kids have to chase them more. This is the first year this fair has had a separate Boer goat class. It's been interesting for us because the goat superintendant keeps changing her mind on how she wants them to be shown. It's probably going to be pretty funny this year. It's good for the kids, right?

2 comments:

Jana said...

You're not at a huge disadvantage. I've been having such a difficult time eating healthy. Today I ate cookie dough. I have been exercising, but that's it. I am considering starting WW, but am concerned I don't have the determination to write down everything I eat. We'll see. Game on!

Hillary said...

I'm still not doing too hot. It's fair this week and I haven't had the structure to eat well and we'll see if I excercise. I haven't yet this week. I did well last week, but this week... I think I'm going to have to do WW again too. Don't worry, Jana, you'll have the determination to write things down. I was amazed at how easy it was for me to just jump on the computer a couple times a day and write down what I'd eaten. It really did help me to see all that I'd eaten. I think I'm going to need that again.