Monday, August 3

the Biggest Loser

Mom and Dad and Hillary's family are all coming home today. Macie's baby blessing yesterday was wonderful (Jason was truly inspired, I am so grateful for the priesthood) and we had a delicious root beer pulled pork dinner last night at the Northgraves. It was great having them here. We all went to the temple together Saturday morning, Merrit, Makayla and Chelsea couldn't get enough of Macie, and we had fun swimming together in the evenings. My apartment WAS pretty crowded (and worse when the air conditioning went out) but it was awesome being around the family. I am so blessed to be in our family, we all get along and like being together, and it's wonderful to be able to say "I love you" without feeling foolish. I know this is mushy, but I am so grateful for all of you!

Ok, now on to our Biggest Loser competition. At dinner last night Hillary and I decided we'd work together to each lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving. It sounds like a lot, but it's only a little over 5 pounds a month. After more discussion, we thought we would do better if we turned it into a friendly competition (of course). We weighed ourselves at the Northgraves and discovered that we weight the EXACT SAME. Uncanny. At least that will make it easy to calculate! So, Thanksgiving morning we will weigh ourselves again and see who wins! We'd appreciate all your encouragement and support, and if anyone else would like to join us, feel free!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Well, Jana, I'm sure you're off to a better start than I am in this competition, but it sure is helping me think twice about what and how much I'm eating. This will be good for me.

Thanks for the great weekend. We really had a good time. I'll post later and put up some pictures we have. Thanks for putting up with us. We do have a great family!

Heather said...

The pictures are great. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Good luck to you both with the competition!