Thursday, May 28

big girl and a proud mother

Look how BIG Addie looks. Once this little one gets here (in about a week and a half!) I'm sure Addie will seem HUGE.




And THIS, to my own astonishment, is a blanket I made all by myself! My friend Heather told me what to do and let me use her machine, but I did all the work. Are you impressed? I think it turned out really cute.


4 comments:

Mom said...

Very nice. Erma gave me the directions for a baby blanket that must be made the same way. Is it made out of flannel, I can't tell?

Jana said...

It has flannel on the back (the brown that's coming through) and the front is made of cotton. It was hard to pick fabric for either a boy or girl, but I think it will work.

Kurt said...

The blanket looks really nice.

And here's a tip you can use in the future about picking colors: Babies don't know about the societal connotations of color! You can use any color you want!

Hillary said...

Good advice, Kurt!

I really like that blanket. I think it turned out way cute. Whenever I piece a quilt, my lines are never straight. I guess I'm just special that way.