I know, I know. I haven't posted on here in an extremely long time. The prodigal son returneth I guess.
As many of you may or may not know, I've been going through some pressing challenges in my life. I've decided to try something that I've never tried before, but been thinking of for a year or two now. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to fast for a week. I have too many things bouncing around my mind to fast about, so I've decided just to fast for the comforter to help me. I would love to get family support on this. Obviously I'm not going to ask anyone to fast the entire week with me, but a day or even a few meals would mean a lot to me.
Thanks guys.
6 comments:
A WEEK?!?! I think it's wonderful for you to fast about your challenges, just don't bite off more than you can chew, Jim. We will definitely join you in your fast, and thanks for having enough courage and faith to ask.
If you're really planning on going that long, you may want to at least drink water. Or maybe do a few day-long fasts, but not all at once. But we'll definitely join you!
I definitely plan on drinking water. Its how I got through the two-day fast I did over a year ago. Don't worry, if it gets to be too much, I'm sure Heavenly Father will understand if I terminate it early.
I'm all over this one bro...I could stand to do some cleansing of the biological systems. Maybe a day and some meals here and there-I'm sure Eric would love to too. Good luck! Always here for you brother of mine. (oh, and I second Jana's concern...maybe water and bread? That's what prisoners eat...just a thought)
I'll try to make something really repugnant for dinner on Easter so you won't be too sorely tempted. Maybe brussel sprout casserole or lima bean surprise. Kurt and I are definitely behind you, Jim. Hope you find your answers.
Count me in too. I'm sorry to jump on the band wagon a couple of days late though. I know the Lord will show you His will.
Post a Comment