Monday, April 27

Little Shop of Horrors

On Friday night Bill, Dad and I went to South Lyon High School's production of Little Shop of Horrors. None of us knew the plot, but we went anyway. Except for the story line, we enjoyed it very much. The kids did a great job, the set was very good and even the plant was very good. There were little children in the audience, and I'm not so sure that was a good idea. The week before, we went to Novi's production of Beauty and the Beast. We are prejudiced of course, but we thought that Jim's was better. Next week we're going to South Lyon East's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. I'm excited to see it. We saw it in Detroit a few years ago, and I liked it then. I'll let you know.
Jim has his finals this week. He's excited to be done with this semester. Dad is working hard on his homework, and is sad because the week that Kari will be here, he has a major project to do and won't be able to spend much time with her and Noah.
I think it will be best to do family dinner on Sunday. Both our stake and Hillary's stake has stake conference and we'll be done with church about noon. We can come here or go to Kurt's or Hillary's house. Since Kari will be here and she wants to see Hillary's house, maybe going there would be a good idea. What do you think, Hillary and Kurt?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sunday at the Hicks' works for us. What time and what do you want us to bring?

Hillary said...

That works for us too, I'll just have to work super hard to get things arranged better. Our house is still full of boxes. Can I suggest doing homemade pizza for dinner? I think we did that the last time we had dinner at our house, but my kids like it the best. I'm up for other ideas. I'll do the main, whatever we decide it to be.

Our ward is hosting a pot luck after stake conference. I really don't like going to them, but I've invited a friend to come to stake conference. If she does come, I'd like to have the flexibility to stay for the pot luck if she wants to. Can we start dinner at 2 or maybe 3?

Mom said...

Homemade pizza sounds fine to me. I'll bring the salad if Heather wants to do dessert. 2 or 3 also sounds fine, which do you want it to be, 2 or 3?

Hillary said...

Let's do 2pm, then we can count it as a late-ish lunch. Thanks and we'll see you then.