Sunday, December 14

Various and Sundry




Here's a pic of Joe and Michele's gingerbread. Kurt and I are thinking of either some sort of Gingergiant vs. Gingersaurus Rex motif or possibly The Nightmare Before Gingerbread Christmas theme for next year. We'll see how the mood hits us in a year.

As for Christmas plans, what do the ladies think about doing book club at my house Monday night? We are heading north Tuesday after Kurt gets off work so that will be the only night before Christmas everyone will be in town. Do you think you'll be here in time to make book club, Jana? Alison is picking up the book to read and her and I would like to make dinner for everyone, possibly themed around the book. Let me know.

Also, we'll bring cookies and fudge and such back from Up North but what else should we bring to contribute for food for the weekend after Christmas?

5 comments:

Jana said...

Mom and I talked about this last night, and then I spoke with Jason. We are still driving up Monday, but think we can leave early enough to get there by 5 or 6pm. We are thinking of having Jason drop me off at your house, Heather, and then Jason and Addie can go home to sleep/eat/relax, then Mom could take me home. If you plan on having a later dinner (6:30 or 7) I think I can make it in time (weather permitting). Would that work for everyone? I have yet to read the book, but think I'll have ample time this week as well as the ride up there. Thanks for organizing this, everyone, I think it will be fun to have a girl's night.

Mom said...

It sounds great to me. Let us know if we (meaning Kari and I) can bring anything.

K.E.N said...

Sounds good to me! I'm not sure that I'll get the chance to read the book-our library "lost" the book. I'm still working on a solution. But I cannot wait for the fudge from up north! YUMMY!

Hillary said...

I'm pretty flexible so that night works for me. Can I bring anything to dinner at your house Heather?

For dinner at my house on Sunday, I'm going to make homemade pizza so I'm just asking everyone to bring their favorite pizza topping and maybe a dessert. We'll take care of the pop and main parts of the pizza.

Hillary said...

Plus, I think Joe and Michelle were very creative with their gingertheme. I like what you have in the works for next year. I think it would be cool to see the Nightmare Before Christmas.