Sunday, November 16

The Great Train Ride

I wish I had taken pictures this weekend...but sometimes you are just having so much fun you forget. This past Friday Noah and I took the train up to a city just outside Chicago to visit our friend from EFY and her husband. We didn't even stay a full 24 hours, but we had a great time. We went to her sister's Super Saturday and below are pictures of the things that I made. I am soo excited to display them in my house when we decorate for Christmas, I am pretty proud of them...they're simplicity is deceiving, they were actually very time consuming.
The train ride went fine, for all of you who are wondering. It wasn't very fun, but it went okay. It was a 4 hour train ride and it was just Noah and me. Noah did fine, not super fussy even though it was pretty late both rides. I honestly just felt bad for the boy because all he wanted to do was crawl around and explore, but, of course, I couldn't let him. He was also super tired but it was too bright, too many noises and people to watch. But everybody thought he was so cute that they kept him entertained by making faces at him-that was actually very nice for me. We came home Saturday night so that I could be at church today to lead the choir in practice. All in all, it was a good trip and I was glad to see our friend...but I was very happy to be back with my hubby.
FYI: We will be in Michigan Thursday evening!!! 3 days until we leave!!! Needless to say I am SUPER EXCITED!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm proud of you to venture out on your own on the train. Make sure before you leave on Thursday that you check the weather along the route that you are taking and if it's bad wait a day or two. You've got plenty of time to be flexible with. It snowed while we were in church yesterday and on the way home there must have been an accident just after the Kent Lake Rd. exit, traffic was at a standstill. Luckily, we had to get off there, but we were thinking of you and hoping that bad weather doesn't happen on your trip here this week.

K.E.N said...

Good idea...I should check it where you guys are too, just to make sure that we bring the appropriate clothes. You never know, it could be 70 and hot while we're there :)