Friday, October 31

Ward Halloween Party

Wednesday was our ward's Halloween party. Unfortunately, the camera died right at the beginning so I didn't get many pictures. I'm happy to say Addie left her wings on the entire time (although I don't know happy she was about it) but absolutely refused to wear the headband or carry the matching wand I made for her. Several people asked me where I bought her costume and that made me so proud!
This is a picture of her and the other two little girls her age. We took a picture of them last year and it's amazing how old they have all become! She is still pretty young for any of the games or activities that went on at the party, but seemed to have fun wandering around trying to figure out why everyone looked so silly. We're planning on going trick or treating with our friends tonight, so we might have a new post up very soon!This last picture is of my running partner, Corrine, and her daughter Hailey. I put it up for all you Napolean Dynomite fans. They came as Deb and the Liger. Haha!

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Is it an actual Liger costume you can buy or did she have to get creative? That is funny! What did you go as? We had ours yesterday and we didn't dress up at all because we're boring. Addie does look super cute! She IS getting old...I can't wait to see her at Christmas.

Kurt said...

Addie's costume is adorable, Jana.

I love the Napolean Dynamite costumes/references. The side-bun is great, and Hailey is such a cute little liger.

Hillary said...

We didn't get to go to our ward party. We went to Harvey's birthday party instead. We were happy to go to his party. So we usually don't go trick or treating because the ward has a party and I don't want my kids to get twice the candy. But since they didn't go to the ward party this year, we decided to take them officially trick or treating. Firsts are always interesting. We didn't really want to trick or treat in Flint. We talked about going to a neighboring town and going there, but because we didn't solidify our plans and because we got a late start in getting everyone's costumes on and faces painted we were late getting out. So we went by a friend of mine's church trunk or treat party, which wasn't very big and then went trick or treating in... Flint. It wasn't bad, and my kids haven't gotten sick yet from the candy they got, but I'm going to plan much better next year so we won't get stuck in Flint again. The kids had a blast trick or treating for real and I'm sure they will expect it from now on. Oh well.