I came on here to post and was pleased to see so many new posts from the rest of you!
Jason and I finally discussed when we would come out for Christmas, and since Heather and Kurt wanted to know so they could plan, here are our plans. We will drive up Monday, the 22nd, which will take all day. We will stay until the morning of Wednesday, the 31st, and then drive down to Columbus, Ohio to spend New Years with Jason's brother. Then we'll be home on January 2nd. We'll be in Michigan for a little over a week (if that's ok with Mom and Dad).
I had an appointment today to see how far along my pregnancy is and to confirm the pregnancy for insurance/Medicaid purposes. I am 6 weeks and 1 day, putting my due date tentatively at June 7th. There is some bad news for me, however. I told the nurse I've been training for the half marathon and she said that was great and that I should keep it up...whew! Well, once they gave me the ultrasound she saw that I have a subchorionic hematoma, basically a sac of blood that is attached to the gestational sac. She said it's nothing to worry too much about, but that I should refrain from all high-impact activities so as not to "puncture" or "disturb" the blood sac. If it ruptures there is a greater chance of miscarriage. She said once I see my doctor they may advise differently, but until then, I CAN'T RUN. Grrr. I went 7.4 miles on Saturday and was so proud, so for now that will have to do. I will keep walking, though, I won't give up completely!
Jason's worried about the hematoma, so we're thinking I might go see a doctor before Medicaid gets approved (it could take up to 45 days!) so I'll keep you updated.
2 comments:
Eeek! Does the hematoma absorb back in or fall of by itself eventually? Keep us updated.
To amuse yourself you might watch "Run, Fatboy, Run." It has one of the guys from Shawn of the Dead in it. It's rated PG-13 which actually kind of surprised me because there is a shot of a butt for a laugh. Both Kurt and I thought it was funny and uplifting. Kurt even mentioned that he might start running after we saw it. We both need to get into better shape if we're going to be chasing a toddler soon.
We'll keep you in our prayers. I'm sure things will be O.K. though.
Post a Comment