Monday, October 20

A trip to Priddy Farms

Kari requested, and I delivered- a new Halloween background for your viewing pleasure. I hope you like it!
Here are some cute pictures from our recent trip to the pumpkin patch. We had a great time traipsing through the mud, finding the perfect Addie-sized pumpkin. Adelyn did NOT enjoy the hayride, though, that's why she has a pumpkin up her shirt in one picture. We were trying to make her simply not cry for the family picture on the hay ride. Maybe next year.
This last one is just for fun. We discovered that Adelyn likes hummus. Ok, she doesn't only like it, she LOVES it! I think it's funny because I like hummus, but not many people do, so I'm proud to have a daughter with (my!) good taste. I'm curious now, which of you like hummus, too?

9 comments:

K.E.N said...

Hummus is gross. But I am happy about the new background, thanks! I also really like the pumpkin in her shirt, very nice.

Kurt said...

Heather and I both like hummus. Harvey thinks it's okay, too.

Mom said...

I learned to like hummus when I worked at Every's with a lady who was from Syria. She would make home made hummus and bring it in to work. I don't like the stuff you can buy at the store though, it doesn't taste as good. What you get in middle eastern restaurants is good though, I recommend that.

Heather said...

Don't let Kurt fool you. Up until a month or so ago he gagged everytime I brought hummus home because he knew it was made of garbanza beans. After I finally convinced him to try some he realized hummus is yum-yum-yummy. But it took me years to convince him to really give it a try.

Mom said...

I also like the new background, very erry. Isn't time for a new picture in the corner though?

Jana said...

Interesting. I didn't think there would be so many hummus lovers in the Hutchinson clan. I'm quite pleased! I will work on getting a new picture up there. I seem to be so short on time and energy lately, sorry it's taken so long.

Hillary said...

I like the new background too, but it's a little hard to read the words.

I hate hummus. I think it's mostly the texture of it that I don't like. I don't like how bland it is too.

A husband and wife from our ward hard a huge garden this year and grew pumpkins. They invited us to come pick some. So last Monday we did that for our family home evening. We were going to carve them for family home evening last night but didn't get to it. We are going to do that tonight. I didn't take pictures of our picking experience, but I'll try to have pictures of our carving. Our digital camera broke though, so I don't know how well I'll be able to do that.

Jana, I'm not surprised that you are tired. I seemed to get more and more tired with each progressive pregnancy. I couldn't figure out if it was because I had more kids to take care of each time, was older or both. But by the time I was pregnant with Jaxson, my first trimester was a very sleepy one. Hang in there, your energy will probably come back (at least mine seemed to after the first trimester).

K.E.N said...

I agree with Hillary-it is mostly the texture that disgusts me and there isn't much taste. But maybe later I will like it...I used to hate guacamole and now I LOVE it.

Dad said...

I like hummus. I bought some the other day with some sun-dried tomato loaves (the flat bread used to dip in it), cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts and ham slices and made some awesome turkey-ham wraps using our sliced turkey lunch meat. I spread the hummus on top of the loaves and then layered the rest of the ingredients, including cheddar cheese slices, and then rolled them up. They were very tasty; something like what you get at many fast food restaurants.

You may not be surprised to know that I am having a difficult time reading the blog in these colors. Sorry I'm cursed to be color blind. I will tolerate it until the seasons change for Thanksgiving.