Tuesday, October 21
Washing Windows
Maybe you already know this, but I did it for the first time today, and it was great! I've always washed windows with Windex and paper towels and hated doing it. It took so long and there always were streaks left behind. Professional window washers use a squeegee, so I bought one and tried it this morning and it went so much faster. I bought some ammonia that comes with soap already in it, and added it to hot water. I used an old torn up sheet and washed the window with that solution instead of the Windex and then used the squeegee to take it off. It works great and the ammonia is a lot cheeper than the Windex, it's also cheeper because I used rags that I can wash and re use again. I also read that you shouldn't wash windows when it's sunny because the heat from the sun makes the cleaner dry too fast and cause streaks, so I waited for a cloudy day. I just thought I'd share my new discovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's great information to know. Can you wash mirrors the same way?
I was just thinking the same thing, Hillary. We have a huge bathroom mirror, and it's a pain to wash with Windex and paper towels. Like windows, mirrors are just glass (at least on the front), so I can't see a reason it wouldn't work.
Wow, Mom, you are getting fancy! I'm glad that you are trying new things to keep you occupied...being a stay at home mom with no kids can be tough. (Jimmy doesn't really count because he takes care of himself...mostly)
Post a Comment