Tuesday, October 14

Addie's Halloween costume

I made Addie her costume this year. She is supposed to be a fairy, although she isn't wearing her wings in these pictures. I love it! I think it so puffy and frilly and pretty, I am quite proud of myself! I especially love the long ribbons down the back.

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a pretty, pretty princess. Love the costume, Jana. Way to go on making it yourself. Harvey will be going as an elephant in one of his cousin's hand-me-downs. I'd love to find him one of those plastic noses but it would probably last 3 seconds on his face.

Mom said...

That is a very pretty outfit. Will it be warm enough on Halloween that she won't freeze to death though? I know when I made you that butterfly costume, I had you wear knit tights with it and you still were cold. But that's Michigan, not Tenn.

Hillary said...

Yeah, Jana, great job making the costume. I didn't know you were such a seamstress. You're welcome for the cat costume. I knew it would fit Addie either this year or next and knew it wouldn't fit any of my kids ever again. I thought it would be a shame not to pass it on to someone who could use it. I'm sure Addie loves being a fairy!

K.E.N said...

She is definitely cute...but I just want to make sure I'm seeing it right. Is there a dress on top of the tutu or are the ribbons holding up the tutu? I guess I thought when you told me about it, I thought it was a tutu with with like a leotard on the top. So, it's just the tutu and the ribbons and the flowers,right? It is very cute and she will be the talk of the apt. complex.

Jana said...

The dress is just the tutu (with an elastic at the top) and the ribbons, making it a halter dress. On Halloween she will be wearing tights and probably a white shirt underneath, although I think it's cuter without. My little fairy is so adorable! I'm glad you all liked it!