Wednesday, September 10

A Peterson Update

It has been a while since I've given an update on this blog. I do update my own quite frequently, but I realize that not everyone from the fam checks it, so here is a little of what we've been up to. Eric started real class at the end of August. He now goes to an anatomy class with the first year med students-and yes, he will not have to retake this class when he is a first year...that will be so nice. The class schedule varies every day, so some days he has class at 11, some days at 1 and even the number of times a week he has to go varies-I think it's all a little strange. He is also taking a lab as part of this class and he has the privilege of disecting an entire person during this quarter. Gross to me, awesome to him. He is a part of another "class" but it is really that he writes one or two papers a week and meets with his professor once to talk about the papers and get the next assignment. So, his schedule until Thanksgiving will be pretty easy in terms of him being outside the house-and that's the way I like it.
He is home most every morning and that means that he watches Noah while I have started to participate in a morning exercise group. I could take Noah there and have him watched, but since Eric will already be here, and it's right in the middle of Noah's first nap, it is just easier to keep him home. I have been going to this group for almost 2 weeks now and I really like it. We switch between circuit training and step aerobics and one day a week I am appointed to help babysit-it's a good trade off I think. I am making friends and we hang out quite often-there are three of us. The other two have made other friends as well, where I mostly just hang out with them, so when they are with other people I take the chance and stay home and chill out with Noah-I don't mind one bit.
Noah is much more mobile now. His scooting has taking on a mind of its own, it seems. He is soo fast that some times we can't figure out how he got from one place to another in the matter of time that we just turn around. He loves to sit and does very well and has figured out that if he wants to move around he needs to fall over to do so. He is so much fun and we meet so many people just because he is so adorable.
The pictures below are the deck as of this morning. We bought a hand sander and when Eric has time he goes out and sands what he can. In the picture directly below, the boards on the right are the ones that are sanded-I don't know if you can tell, but there is a difference. In the second picture is all of the sanded boards. He is almost finished-we are hoping to have this project done in the next week...it's getting colder and we are afraid we won't finish if we wait too long.
The other pictures are of Noah, of course. The first is him playing in the laundry basket when I was doing laundry a couple of weeks ago. The last ones are of him today in his new clothes. I went with my friend to Ottumwa yesterday (they have a Target!) and we bought fall clothes for our kids-I am so excited because now Noah will have clothes that actually fit well. Hurray!
Wow, that was long...if you made it this far, thank you for reading!
This deck is going to look amaing!
He was laughing...he is soo funny.
Forgive the scratches-I can't seem to win, he somehow still scratches up his face even after I've cut his nails.
I don't know, but it was funny.

Melt your heart cute!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You're right, that porch of yours will look really awesome. I'm glad that you've been able to join an exercise class. I bet it helps to get out amongst adults. I really like exercising too. It helps me to have more energy, I think. Noah is getting so big. How fun for him to be doing so much stuff. I always liked it when my kids started to be more interactive. Have fun with Mom and Dad. I hope you can get those bushes cut out. Charlie and I don't really like bushes either.

Jana said...

I'm glad the battle of the deck was WON. Way to go!

Noah looks like your baby pictures in these pictures. He definitely is a Hutchinson!