Tuesday, September 23

First Steps

Harvey took his first steps last week. Sorry for the late news for those of you who are out of state. We've been practicing by sitting facing each other and having Harvey walk back and forth holding our hands or taking plunges on his own. Anyway, he took three steps in a row last Thursday and has taken some more steps here and there ever since. Life will be changing all over again at our house now.

Here's some pics of Harvey trying to figure out how to drink from his new cup tonight. He seemed to think it had to stay on the bench.




Not much else is new here. I've now been officially hired on at my company, for better or for worse. We're into Kurt's "busy season" at work. It's funny that I used to think his busy season was so much extra time spent at work but now I work more than his "busy season" schedule year round. We're going to a carnival for Kurt's work on Friday. They've rented out the whole Washtenaw County fairgrounds. We'll try to get some good pictures.

What are plans for Christmas? Who is coming when and how long are you staying? I hate to press but my family is really pressuring us for dates and I want to make sure we get time to spend with both families. This is our first Christmas ever that won't be at my grandma's house so it will be a tough holiday for my mom's family. And Christmas with my dad's family will be a difficult get together since this will be the first time we've all been together since my cousin's funeral and my Aunt is still in a nursing home recovering. I want to have some concrete plans going into the holidays so that I don't miss seeing anyone.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Harvey's first steps! That is exciting! Addie constantly has a bruise or two on her forehead from trying to go faster than she can, hopefully Harvey will be more careful than her. Congrats, Harvey!

Jason and I haven't talked too much yet about the Christmas whens and how longs. I'll make sure to figure it out within the next few days and keep you posted. We have over two weeks off of school, but we might meet his brother and wife in Ohio for New Year's, so we'll try to make some concrete plans soon.

Oh, and Mom, I'm listening to one of your musical CDs right now, they're getting plenty of use! Thanks again!

Hillary said...

Mom threw out the idea that we could learn a Christmas song and sing it in the Flint ward at some point while everyone is here. I'd love to do that. She thought it would nice to learn "Baby" since several of you know it already. I was thinking the Sunday after Christmas would probably be the best bet for everyone and their schedules. Let me know what you guys think so we can start working on the song if needed. I can make copies of Mom playing and email them to eveyone so you can practice at home. Anyway, let me know what you think.

As for our plans, we are pretty flexible. We may have to be making moving plans around that time, but we will definately have time for visiting.

K.E.N said...

Eric's classes officially end on the 19th-a Friday-and we are planning on leaving the 20th. But they don't schedule classes that far in advance-so stupid-so depending on finals he has to take we might get out of here one or two days earlier. We are planning on staying through new years and probably leave the 3rd of the 4th.

Also, I will be conducting "Baby" for our Christmas song this year, so I will know it all by heart and I think it would be an excellent song to sing-it is beautiful! The down side is that Mom is mailing me all her copies of it so I can use them and then I'll bring them back with me at Christmas-so unless you have Mom copy you one before she sends them, you won't have the music until Christmas-just letting you know.

Christmas will be a blast! I can't wait!

Hillary said...

That is good to know. I'll have to arrange a way to have enough copies for us to use to practice with here. I can't wait for Christmas either!