Wednesday, September 24

Charlie's dad has new job

So Charlie's dad has been very unhappy working for Wal-mart and has continued to look for other opportunities. So two weekends ago he had an interview in West Virginia. Charlie helped him drive down on Thursday and then the interview was Friday morning and then they drove home. Chuck felt really good about the job and how the interview went, but he's felt like that with other interviews before too. So then this passed week they offered him the job and then another company in Battle Creek offered him a job too (he had interviewed there a while ago). So then the place in West Virginia countered with a better offer and Chuck took that one. So his last day at Wal-mart is tomorrow (he's so happy!) and then he leaves for West Virginia next Saturday, the 4th. The plan is for Fay to follow in the middle of January, after this first semester of school is over for the grandkids. They will still have Sabrina's kids and so Sabrina is thinking about transfering down there too. She's going to wait to make sure Chuck keeps this job since the one in Cadillac didn't last too long. I'm a little bummed about them moving out of state. It was nice to live close by them again. Now we will be in the same boat as Jana and Kari, having to do every other holiday with both sides of the family. It's so much easier to have both sets of parents close to each other. Oh well, life goes on. Just thought I share a bit of good news on the part of Charlie's parents. I really hope this works out for them well. Charlie's mom has wanted to stop working ever since they got Sabrina's kids and this new job may let her be able to do that. It'll be good for her and the kids.

Charlie had an interview for a JV wrestling coach position at Swartz Creek high today. The varsity coach did the interview and seemed to like Charlie. We think he might get this job. It would be nice. We're still holding our breath for Hamady high school. They still have a math position available. He hasn't been able to start subbing yet because the company that handles all the subbing positions for Genesee county is dragging their feet getting all his information together and available for schools to use. We aren't happy about it, but there really isn't much we can do now. He has submitted everything they have asked of him. I wish each school did it's own sub hiring. Then he'd probably be working by now. Oh well, it will happen, I just need to be patient.

My classes are going pretty well. I've been able to handle the work load pretty well. I don't feel overwhelmed at all (I was nervous I would).

The kids are doing great. They just started after school programs this week. Lexi and Merrit are in a ceramics class together and Makayla and Chelsea have an arts and craft class on Mondays. Lexi does the robotics club on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Merrit has the chess club and Makayla does dance on Thursdays. I have Chelsea on a waiting list for the young authors' club for Thursdays. They love the chance to stay after school and do something fun. I love them staying too, except that I have to go pick them up. Lexi's robotics club is going to be something great for her I think. They are planning on going to competitions later this year. It's going to be a great experience for her.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Building robots is, indeed, awesome. However, you have to be careful not to build them too well. Otherwise, they'll rise up and conquer humanity! Plus they eat medicine for fuel.

Hillary said...

Thanks, Kurt, that was pretty funny, especially at the end when Sam almost cracked up and lost it. But to just ease your worries, they aren't making robots that look like people. The are using legos to build remote car-type machines that they can manipulate around an obstacle course. I hope they don't decide they like medicine.