Sunday, September 28

ah, the life of a Young Women's President

I guess I haven't "officially" announced on the blog that I am our ward's new Young Women's President. It's exciting and scary and BUSY all at the same time.

The most noticeable difference in life at the Hairs will be how full my calendar has now become. Last week (my first) I went to BYC, a fireside, mutual, and chaperoned at a stake activity. I skipped a missionary meeting I was supposed to also attend simply because I couldn't handle going to one more thing. There is SO MUCH. Jason has been extremely supportive (luckily most things are at night close to when Addie goes to bed) but he's also been feeling the pinch of time. His schoolwork is definitely harder this semester, so we'll both have to work on our time management skills so he can study and I can keep this place clean.

I taught the Laurels today and was scared to death. Of course the first lesson I teach was on PROPER DATING HABITS. I was terrified. It went over well and I'm glad to say we have a great bunch of girls. I'm WAY different than their last leaders, no frills or lace tablecloths, but I know there is a great work for me to do and I look foward to digging in and accomplishing much. My counselors are wonderful and are ready to be put to work, so I really can't complain. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I know you'll be great, and have lots of fun too.