Monday, August 11

Latest Project

This last weekend I took advantage of Jim going on the high adventure to use the computer and make a bunch of cds of show tunes. Most of you probably know that several years ago I made cassette tapes of songs that I like from the sound tracks of musicals that I've collected and listened to them in my car. Well, the Escape doesn't have a cassette player, so I can't listen to them anymore. Dad researched it and found some software that comes with a converter box that allows you to record records and cassette tapes into the computer and then burn a cd. I spent most of Friday doing that and made 9 cds with enough songs left over to do half of another one. You might be interested to know that I've collected the sound tracks of over 40 different musicals, a good number of them I have both the movie and broadway play of. With the 4 cds Kari made me of musical tunes that she likes, it's plenty of playing time for my car. The hardest part was deciding what songs to use and then which recording of it I liked the best (movie or broadway). Anyway, that's my accomplishment for this week.

8 comments:

K.E.N said...

Wow! What a cool thing! I can't wait to see it in action at Christmas. And if you ever feel like making me some showtunes CDs, I would be more than happy about it :)

Hillary said...

Congradulations, Mom, you have competed a great thing. Good job!

Jana said...

Yeah, Mom, I would also be happy to receive some great Showtune CDs! Jason and I would really really really benefit from a copy of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Wicked! (I'm so mad that my Wicked CD is lost.)

It's always great to finish another project. I'm still trucking through typing out Grandma's stories, it's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I love listening to them, but not rewinding and retyping a bunch of times. Oh well, it will be great once it's done!

K.E.N said...

Our latest project has been refinishing our deck...quite the project with 5 layers of paint to take off and the paint stripper only takes one layer off at a time. Phew! Hopefully it will all be done by the time you guys come to visit in September, Mom. If not, you can always help! :)

Kurt said...

I hope you get done before we come too, Kari. I hate stripping paint. As for the 2 of you who have asked for show tune cds, I'll see what I can do. Now that it's all on the computer, it's very easy to burn them.

Kurt said...

For some reason, It listed my post as coming from Kurt. He did stuff on my computer on Sunday, I don't know what happened.

Heather said...

Ha! I was reading that and wondering if Kurt had made some travel plans without me.

Jana said...

I would LOVE to get some of those showtune CDs!