It was a long haul, and we still aren't comfortable yet (our furniture comes on Tuesday and we don't have the internet yet-what did we do before the internet?) so we have a little more sacrifice to go. The house needs a little work-new outlets, new locks (probably just a new door-long story), window locks, and the house smells like dog. Luckily Melissa has a carpet cleaner that we have been using and the house smells a little better-having her around has been a God send...she even let us borrow camping chairs so we had something to sit on and her dad (who is visiting for the week) is coming today to mow our lawn. Right now we are at the library using the internet here-but as soon as we get it in our house there will be pictures and video of the trip.
The drive was okay-Noah actually did very well. We set up the seating so that whoever wasn't driving was sitting next to him to keep him happy. But he did have diareah the whole trip and that wasn't very fun. He didn't act sick or whiny, so that made it better, we just had to stop every hour 1/2 or so to change him and that made the days even longer. Also, I sprained my ankle pretty bad before we left, but have had to use it and drive with it (it was my right foot) and so now, my foot it kind of green and is pretty sore and on top of that, Eric has a pretty bad head cold with coughing and a runny nose. So needless to say with trying to get the house ready for our furniture and taking care of business in town and taking care of Noah, we are pretty beat.
We'll update later when we have the internet at home. But we are safe and happy for the most part. :)
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys are safe. I know long car trips aren't fun, especially with little ones. Poor Noah. I hope he feels better soon. Poor you and Eric too. I hope you guys feel better soon too. Our plan is to leave next Friday. I'm hoping we will have everything ready to go by then. We are in a packing frenzy now.
I'm also glad you made it safely and that Noah is a happy car baby. Once your furniture is in and you're somewhat unpacked, you'll feel a lot better. I'm sure you're going to love living on your own again, it will be nice once you get some good sleep.
I'm glad you're there and settling in a bit. I'd love to see more pictures once you get your furniture and life set up. What's your new address?
Post a Comment