Okay, since you heard about all the travails I had with my tax class, I thought I should give you an update. I was convinced I had almost failed the final exam (it really was hard) and that the professor would hammer my research paper but I was wrong on both counts because I got an "A" in the class. (I was actually so shocked I've checked the Walsh College website three times just to be certain I wasn't reading the grade wrong.) I enjoyed the professor a lot and actually chose to drive to Troy for his class because I knew he would be better than the clown they had teaching it in Novi (I had him for my first tax class and he put everyone to sleep because he essentially read the text book to us each class period). So that I wouldn't be disappointed, I had convinced myself that I would get no better than a "B" in the class and if I was lucky, maybe a "B+." Well, I was wrong. I am certain I received divine help with the class and couldn't have done it on my own; I truly feel blessed. I will be interested to see his reaction to my research paper; I gave him a stamped, self-addressed envelope so he would send it back to me. I also suspect the rest of the class did as poorly on the final as I did and he grades on a curve so I probably did better than I would have expected.
Now I can take a few months off and relax; my next class will start toward the end of September sometime, I'm guessing September 24th. Unfortunately, I will have to drive to Troy again and will for all of the rest of my classes except for one I have to take online.
Love you all!!
3 comments:
Nice job, Dad. It all turned out just as Mom expected. I'm glad you did well, but more glad that you have such a long break ahead of you. What will you do with all this time on your hands?
Yeah! Congrats, Dad! What a relief to be off for the summer. Compared to that class, the last ones should be a breeze, right?
I hope so but I have no idea. I don't know anything about them but at least one of them will be taught but the Accounting Department Chairman and he is well respected. I suppose he is a good teacher/professor. We'll just wait and see how it goes.
There are still many unfinished projects around the house that I shouldn't have to worry about a lot of free time on my hands (now I just need to get the motivation to do them).
Post a Comment