For those of you who don't know the schedule of events. Here they are as I know about them. Kari and Eric get here on Monday, June 2. Jana comes in on Tuesday, June 3. Hillary and kids come Thursday night, June 5, and Charlie on Friday night, June 6. I've been informed that sometime there will be a grandchildren picture taken, but I didn't hear when. Saturday is a busy day, and here is the schedule for that day.
Jim has a senior breakfast and graduation rehearsal from 8 to 10 am. His court of honor will be at the church at 11 am. That should go about an hour, they tell me. I think, as long as we're already there, it would be a good idea to practice the song after the court of honor in the chapel. That will give us a chance to see how it sounds in the room we will be singing it in and not just in our living room (which is a lot smaller). Then we plan to take the whole family out to a restaurant for lunch. Jim is still deciding which one. Jim has to be at Eastern Michigan at 5 pm and the rest of us need to be there at 6 pm. We don't have tickets for the grandchildren, except those who can sit on laps, so I'll find a baby sitter for them. Jim has his all night party at 10 pm.
Sacrament meeting starts at 9 am on Sunday, June 8. We'll sing and then Dad will take Jana and Addie to the airport, so she can get home and wash her clothes and go to girl's camp the next day. I imagine that the Hicks will leave Sunday afternoon, but I don't know that for sure. Kari and Eric leave the next day on Monday, June 9. Then they can go home and pack up to move. June 9th is also the day of Dad's final.
It will be fun and hectic all at once. I'm looking forward to it. This coming week we'll be busy with the last choir concert,senior honors night, prom, and Jim's last week of school. It turns out that senior honors night is the same night as book club. Now I'm torn between going to support Jim, or going with my daughters to book club.
If I've gotten anything wrong, please let me know.
4 comments:
One minor correction, I have a research paper due on Monday, June 9th and my final is on Monday, June 16th. Regardless, it will still be a hectic week and I hope I can have my paper completed before everyone gets here and we are busy doing other things. I should be able to study for my final after everyone leaves so that shouldn't be a concern. We shall see.
I just found out that I don't have to be at Girl's Camp until Tuesday, so I'll have one day to recoup. Whew! This will be a fun whirlwind!
Another correction, Charlie is going to take work off and come with me. We will be coming Wednesday night, not Thursday night. We'll leave right after school on Wednesday so that should put us at Mom and Dad's around 9 or 10 pm, depending on traffic.
I don't know that a babysitter for the graduation ceremony is necessary. Charlie would probably be O.K. with staying home with the kids, in fact, he may want to take them out to his parents' house for a visit. I'm not planning any time for them because I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my sisters (I know that may sound rude, but there it is).
I think that's all the corrections from our end. I'm so excited about this visit. We all can't wait!
Mom...I know that Jana didn't read the book and Hillary won't be there, so it would be just you and me at book club. It would be fun to go, but I think we should support Jimmy because he will only do this once. We can have our own book club, and I'll even make a treat.
I was thinking we could do the picture with all the kids on Thursday or Friday, depending on when Heather and Kurt have time.
We are soooo excited about this coming week. YIPEE!
Post a Comment