Sunday, April 27
A Musical Proposal
I had an idea this morning that I am presenting to all of you. I thought since everyone would be here June 8th, our family could do a musical number in our ward. I have a John Rutter song called Look at the World in SATB, that Kari and Jana have sung before. It's fairly simple to sing, (once you've learned the first verse, the other verses are all the same, just in different keys). With Jana, Kari, Hillary, Heather, Jim, Charlie, Dad and Kurt we have enough for 2 on a part. I think it would be fun to do as a family. Of course, I'd have to send the music to those of you who don't live here, and you'd have to learn it mostly on your own. I e mailed the ward music chairman to see if that Sunday was available, and instead of just answering my question, she moved whoever was scheduled to do it that day, and put us in on that day, so we're on the schedule. If some of you don't want to do it however, I'm sure we can work something out. Let me know how you feel about it, either on the blog or in an e mail. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Can I switch places with you, Mom? I don't really want to sing...I would rather play. I also noticed that Eric's name was not on the list-he doesn't really want to sing, but I was wondering why not. And I thought Charlie couldn't come b/c of school and that Hillary was bringing the children by herself. I don't know...anyway...I will sing if this is something that everyone else wants to do-but I think it's high time Mom joins the group, she needs to stop hiding in the background :)
Eric wasn't on the list because I thought you said once that he doesn't sing. I don't mind changing places with you, it will depend on who can sing which part, (if we need another soprano, you can do that and I can't). I didn't know that Charlie wasn't coming, I just assumed that he is.
Charlie probably won't be coming. The graduation for Park high school is June 8th and he will probably have to go because he's a member of the staff. I will be coming with the kids. If Charlie can schedule an interview for that weekend, then he will come and skip the graduation for Park. I have mixed feelings about him coming though, because if he doesn't come then I plan on taking the kids out of school for Thursday and Friday and coming Wednesday night. Then I'd have more time. If Charlie comes, then I'll have to wait until after school on Friday to come so he can finish up working for the week. So I'd have much less time. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
I would love to sing with the family. I think it's a great idea. I'm enjoying singing with our ward choir so much. I'm going to miss is immensely! Charlie and I often learn music at home for the choir so we are up for that Mom. Can you even record the music and send an audio file for us. Unfortunately, my piano skills aren't good enough to play the accompaniment to too many songs yet. I could tink out our parts though if you can't do an audio file. Actually I'll just get our choir director to play it for me. Sorry for my rambling, I'm thinking as I type.
Great idea, Mom!
I think this sounds like fun. I'll warn you though, one of the strange side effects of my pregnancy is that I swear it affected my voice. So I've gone from mediocre to less than mediocre. Just warning you in advance.
Eric can sing, he just can't pick the part out-but if he needs to take Charlie's place, I'm sure I can talk him into it :) And we'll see what happens with the parts, if I'm needed that's cool, but if you can sing alto for me Mom, that's my choice.
Count me in. My plane leaves at 12:05 on Sunday, though, so I'll need to be at the airport by 10:30ish. Would the musical number be over in time?
Dad and I talked about it Jana, church is over at 10:10 and the airport is just down Merriman from the church. We think it will work. If Charlie can't come, then we'll need Eric to fill in, if he will. I still haven't heard from Kurt though, so maybe we'll be short on men anyway. Thank you all for going along with me. I really think it will be a fun thing to do and to remember.
Sorry, Mom, Eric refuses to sing. I tried to talk him into it-guilting him even-but he won't budge. Maybe it's time to think of something else...maybe we could write the men parts up and make it for only the girls. Sorry I couldn't be more persuasive.
I'm actually a contralto so I could sing tenor if necessary. We'd have to find someone else to accompany though, I suppose. Kurt is in. He has a new video game so all his computer time is devoted to shooting holes in walls.
I think Jim could probably sing the tenor by himself, he has a very strong voice. Dad remembered last night that the night before we sing is graduation, which means that Jim will be up all night at the all night party, he might not be much help, but we'll get through it.
Post a Comment