Wednesday, April 23
Missouri Update
Over the weekend we wrote an email to the lady in admissions and asked her what position Eric is on the alternate list for the human anatomy track. She wrote us back on Monday telling us that Eric was second on the list. We were pretty excited about that until Eric remembered that for the track he applied for they don't accept many people so we wrote her back that night asking of all the people accepted into the master's program how many were accepted into the human anatomy track. We didn't hear back until this morning-so you might actually be reading this before I talk to Eric. She said that accepted 2 people into that track. This news is not what we wanted to hear. That would mean either both people accepted would have to decline or one of the people accepted and the first alternate would have to decline. We still need to discuss it, but it looks like we are going to stay in Utah for at least another year. We'll let you know what we decide and how things play out. Thanks for all the prayers and the love you have sent our way these last few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, what a bummer. I thought for sure you guys were going to be moving out this way. Did Eric ever call MSU to find out what happened with them? Maybe he's on an alternate list there? Or even in Chicago? I still won't give up hope yet that Eric gets in somewhere for the fall.
He can't be on any other alternate list because he didn't interview anywhere else. You have to interview to even be considered and he only interveiwed in Missouri. There is still the possibility we could get in. Even if someone accepts, they can still decline anytime before the beginning of the year. So, we have decided to just go on like we are staying in Utah-looking for jobs, etc.-but if they call us before the end of June saying that we're in, we will drop everything here and make our way out. So, it could still happen.
Post a Comment