Thursday, April 24

The bullies are back

Lexi had another run in with a couple of the bullies who have bugged her in the past. She has been telling me that they have continued to bug her since that last big run in but not as bad. Yesterday, however, one of them asked her what she would do if she hit Lexi and then another one actually hit Lexi in the back of the head while Lexi was turned around. Now the girl claims it was an accident, but Lexi doesn't believe her. So I called the principal today and left a message with the one girl's mom. I don't have the other girl's phone number and the principal can't give it to me. I haven't heard back yet from the mom.

Lexi said she talked to the school social worker today and that the other two girls did too. The principal told me that if the girls touched Lexi again that she would suspend them. I might have to get the police involved, but the principal said they usually won't do anything unless things happen off school grounds. I'm pretty frustrated with the whole thing. I wish they would just leave her alone. They don't have to like her, but just ignore her. If they continue I might just pull her out of school and home school her for the rest of the year. Unfortunately they have escalated to threatening her personal safety and I won't keep her in a place where she can't be safe.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Oh no! There really isn't much we can do, but I feel so bad for Lexi and for you, that is a difficult situation for a parent.

Does she want to be home schooled, would she enjoy it? I have a friend out here who home schools her daughter (she's only 6) and she LOVES it (and they're normal people!). Maybe that would be the best solution. It stinks, as it is so close to the end of the school year. You'll be in my prayers.

Hillary said...

Thanks, prayers will help I'm sure. That's about all I can do to, really, unless I take her out of school. I like how you said your friend was normal even though she home schools, like most home schooling people aren't normal or something :D!

K.E.N said...

Most homeschooling people aren't normal...:) I had a homeschooled girl in one of my EFY groups from Georgia and she was a trip. She said that she wanted to hog tie all the boys in our group and take them back with her on the plane to Georgia. As long as Lexi doesn't turn into this, I support you.
I am so sad for her, though...when I read things like that, my stomach drops out and my heart hurts for her. I just want you to kick their butts!