Wednesday, February 13

Slept through the night

Harvey slept through the night for the first time last night. We both woke up around 6 am because it was so weird that he was still sleeping. It's 10 to 8 right now and he's still snoozing. I hope this isn't a one time thing because a whole night of sleep will make a huge difference in our lives.

On a cruddier note, I get to talk to a lactation consultant today. I hope mine is nicer than Kari's. My milk is turning rancid after I pump it. If I pump a bottle in the morning it is rancid by nighttime. I have almost 30 bags of milk stored and I'm afraid I'm going to have to dump them all. I will cry like a baby if I have to. It was a lot of work. Hopefully the LC will have some good advice for me.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, I would cry too. I know how hard it was for me to stock pile, especially while I was still trying to nurse. I hope you won't have to pitch the bottles. Have you tried freezing the milk? It keeps longer, I think up to 6 months, when frozen. Good luck!

Kurt said...

We have been freezing. We thawed one last night that was frozen just a couple weeks ago and it was already bad. From online research, it seems like it has something to do with Heather's milk having an overabundance of a certain protein, so it breaks down faster.

The information we read suggests there may be something we can do to help, hopefully the lactation consultant will have some advice.

Jana said...

Oh, that really will be horrible. We just use formula when I'm not around because pumping is such a pain for me. If it's that hard of work for you, dumping all that milk would be terrible.

Oh yeah, on another note, we just received your Christmas package in the mail yesterday! Only a month late! It was missing our apartment number, which seems to have been the hold up. Heather, did you make that elephant? That's amazing! And I love the clothes! Thanks!

K.E.N said...

I hope your LC is much nicer than ours was. She should be because you are already breastfeeding-ours didn't like that we were bottlefeeding him at all. Good luck with that and I hope that you don't have to dump it all...sometimes I am surprised how little I pump in 15 minutes and to have to just get rid of it, that would make me cry like a baby too.