Little Green is the car with 9 lives. We took her in last week and it was her timing belt, just like Hillary suspected. She got special treatment because she also received a new water pump. We took her to a guy in our ward and he charged us $367 for everything. We thought that was a good deal. I remember paying over $400 last time the timing belt went out on her. Do you think that was a fair price? I'd like to know if we should go somewhere else next time. We really like them and their shop is just starting so we'd like to continue doing business there if the prices are as good as we think.
Anyhow, three cheers for Little Green!
4 comments:
I think you probably got a good deal. I can't remember what it cost us when we did our timing belt, but it seems like it was right around $400. That was Charlie's escort wagon we had to do the belt on. Beside, even if you didn't get a great deal, I'm pretty sure he didn't over charge you so I'd keep going to him anyway. It's so hard to find mechanics you can trust.
WOW alive again? I'm impressed that you didn't need a complete overhaul on that car. I don't know anything about fixing cars, but with the parts and labor, I think you got a good deal.
Eric says that you should not go anywhere else again because you got a good deal.
Sounds fair to me; and as Hillary says, it is very hard to find a good mechanic that you can trust.
Post a Comment