Saturday, January 5

On our last round of the "sickees"

Jaxson got sick Thursday night. He didn't sleep well, but didn't throw up. He is actually still sick. He has been sick the longest of anyone. He had a horrible night lastnight. I actually had to go sleep in the boys' room on a cot next to Jaxson. He hasn't done much better today. I only hope that tonight isn't as bad as last night. Charlie was the last one to get sick. After Jaxson got sick Thursday night, Charlie said to me that he was thankful for his strong constitution and that he hadn't got sick. He spoke too soon though because he woke up Friday morning not feeling too well. He went to work but came home at about 1 pm and went to bed. He felt horrible. He woke up feeling much better today. Now we only hope that Jaxson will be well soon so we can all be over it, whatever it was.

We start meeting at 9 am tomorrow morning for church. I'm so excited. I really don't like meeting in the afternoon. Not much else is going on here. We have started to look at different houses, but not really enthusiastically. We just don't have the drive right now. It's kind of like we had the wind knocked out of us.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That sucks, Hillary. I hope everyone is fully mended soon.

Jana said...

Ick, sounds like a lousy couple of days. We're feeling ok over here, but ever since Christmas, Addie is giving us a horrible time at night. She DOES NOT want to sleep in her crib and I'm completely at a loss of what to do. Any ideas? Glad to hear y'all are almost feeling better.

Dad said...

Yes, just put her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep. That's what we finally had to do with each of you and you survived. It might sound cruel but it works.

Hillary said...

Well, I spoke too soon. Chelsea and Alexis both got re-sick. Charlie stayed home from church with Jaxson and Alexis and I took the othe three to church with me. During Sunday School Chelsea was brought to me because she wasn't feeling well. She had a fever and was achey. So when she got home she took a nap and so did Jaxson. They both seem to be doing better. Alexis seems to be doing better too. At least she is holding done some food now. I am so irritated about this whole sick thing. We have never had this "going around the whole family" sick thing happen. It's a first for our family. Usually just one or two of us gets sick and the rest are fine. I'm tired of all of us sharing in on the fun. I'm going to throw away toothbrushes and buy some Dixie cups tomorrow. I need to kick this thing to keep my sanity! If anyone else has any ideas please pass them on. Thanks!

Jana, unfortunately I agree with Dad. You should try letting her cry in her crib. She's a smart kid and knows she'll get her way if she fusses enough. She needs to know that she isn't in charge. Good luck. I know it isn't easy, but I've done it to my kids and they all are O.K.