Tuesday, January 8

Family Update


Sunday we went to Bountiful to attend Rick's son's blessing. So I thought I would update everyone with the news of our extended family. Rick named his son William Drew and he is the fattest baby we had ever seen. Seriously, he looks like the Michelin Man. He is only 2 months old and Grandma says that he has already tripled his birth weight. Grandma thinks that Elise must be feeding him pure cream.
Also at the baby blessing was Amy. I think all of you know by now that Amy is pregnant. She is having a little girl sometime in March-Grandma's not sure when, but she thinks it's at the end. I haven't seen Amy since I found out. But she's got a litle bit of a belly. She's having a girl and she's naming her Miley Nicole-I asked her if it was after Miley Cyrus and if she wanted her to be famous, but she told me it wasn't. I don't know the father's name but she just told me that he's around. I asked her if he was planning on being around after the baby's born and she said yes and that he's very excited. We'll see, I guess.
As to Paul, I asked Grandma about him being almost engaged and the first thing that Grandpa said was that they didn't like her-that's all he said about it. But Grandma said that this girl is someone that he's known since he lived in South Dakota and that she is 30. They don't like her because she is domineering. But that's all they said. So I don't know if they are really going to get married or not.
Trish was here for Christmas and it was good to see her. She is still teaching English to a room full of Spanish speaking boys. I didn't realize, though, that it was a classroom of boys with problems-at home, I mean. She loves her job. She did say that she would try and come out for Noah's baby blessing. She is doing well and she looks good-finally grew her hair out a little so that it hits her shoulders and got smaller glasses.
As for us, I am in my 37th week of pregnancy. I started having my doctor's appt. once a week last week and this week they will check me for the first time. I don't have gestational diabetes-I watched both the doctor and the nurse check my chart so that there wasn't any mix up like with Jana. I was also checked for vaginal strep and that came back negative. So things are looking well, so far. My last day at work is next Friday and I am super excited! Also next weekend we move out of our apartment and in with Eric's parents. It's been pretty crazy around here with packing and last night we showed our apartment to 6 people who seemed really interested. Hopefully one of them gets the apartment and then we don't have to pay to break the lease-that would be great! Eric loves his job and they love him. He has even got to participate in a few interveiws for potential orderlies-I thought that was a pretty big deal. No word yet on schools. We are just hoping that we will know soon so that just in case he doesn't get in, we can start formulating a plan B-it's hard to do that when you are unsure about plan A.
Well, that seems to be pretty much it. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted-exciting things should start happening here in the next couple of weeks. Soon there will be a new member of the family. HURRAY!!!! I can't wait to meet him and take lots of pictures. Oh, and could everyone just pray that he stays head down-he seems to like to flip around a lot and I'm nervous that eventually he'll get too big to flip back to head down and that I'll have to have a C-Section-not my idea of a good time. Thanks!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Thanks for all the updates. It's nice to get caught up on extended family happenings. I don't get that a lot. I guess if I was better at calling Grandma I could get more info. I'll have to work on that.

I'm excited for Noah to come too! I'm sure he's going to be super cute. I wish I knew if I could come see him. Things are a little up in the air around here right now. I'm not sure what we are going to be doing about a house or not. I hope we figure it out soon though.

Take care of yourself and make sure you post pictures of Noah ASAP! I have Eric in mind and in my prayers that he will hear about school soon. I'm crossing my fingers for State personally.