Tuesday, January 1

Christmas Hair



I'll never get tired of making fun of my last name.

(Jason's brother, Aaron, bought her this Steeler's onesie. She's already a true football fan!)

Well, I did it! I was able to fly to Utah, drive to Idaho, and fly back to Tennessee all by myself with Addie. Throw in having the airline lose our carseat, a diaper rash, and sitting by unsavory characters, it was quite the adventure. All I have to say is that I am VERY GLAD I am not a single parent. It was quite exhausting.


We had a great Christmas, though. I enjoyed seeing Kari and Eric. Kari (I'm sure she'll agree) is ready to burst! Noah is going to be a large little'un, and I'm sure they can't wait until he's here. They showed me all his adorable clothes and their great finds at D.I.--they seem to be ready for his arrival, as long as they get moved out of their apartment in time. I'm glad Kari is willing to get an epidural, I just can't figure out why you wouldn't!




It was also fun spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. While they seem to be slowing down a bit more (Grandma IS 81, afterall), their sense of humors are still intact. Paul is nearly engaged, Gabrielle is SO MUCH OLDER, and Apples to Apples is still their favorite game.










Christmas in Idaho was also a lot of fun. Addie was held non-stop, which has made her a little more cranky since we've been back, and she learned to sit up! She's still a bit wobbly, but is getting there! Jason played football on Christmas Eve (thanks to the Turkey Bowl with Charlie and Hillary, he wants to play football all the time) and his mom made me customized low-fat dinners the entire time. I got away with eating (mostly) great food without any attacks! Yippee! Addie LOVED their birds and her favorite Christmas present was her dog spoon. I'm looking forward to next year when she'll understand what's going on. And think! It will be the first time that there will be cousins to play with!



Well, we're home safe and sound. Jason goes back to school on Monday, so we've just been enjoying hanging out together this week. We've played a lot of Monopoly and Rummy, and I've introduced him to the wonderful world of Drew Carey on The Price is Right (I LOVE IT!). It's been great to hear the updates!




Oh yeah, as a side note, I've lost over 10 pounds since Thanksgiving. There is something good to be said about gall stones afterall! I'm finally at my pre-pregnancy weight! Hurrah!



2 comments:

Hillary said...

I must admit, Jana, that although I have lived as a single mom I have not had to fly and travel as a single mom. I can imagine though that it was not a very fun experience, but I'm sure it was worth it. Congrats on loosing 10 lbs. I'm sure I gained that much over Christmas, but I gave myself the liberty to have fun because it was my vacation. Now that I'm back home and to the real world I'm back on the wagon so I can make up for lost ground and loose even more. I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas. It's hard for me to picture Grandma and Grandpa being so old. I miss speding time with them. I'm actually glad that we'll get to spend Addie's Christmas with her next year when she actually knows what is going on. Harvey and Noah should enjoy it too.

Hillary said...

P.S. Being a Steeler's fan doesn't really make you a true football fan, it makes me sad for you. The Steelers are not a good team. Addie should be a Packers fan like her Daddy.