Today Eric proved his trust of me by letting me cut his hair for the first time. He says that I did a good job. I must say that it looks blended, but I did make a few mistakes. What a milestone! I am pretty proud. Also, yesterday we went to a concert at the conference center. The great things about concerts there is that they are free-you just need to request tickets. The concert was the Bell Choir on Temple Square. It was handbells like below, they even had huge ones like the second picture-they have 7 octaves of bells. It was really awesome and, yes Kurt, they played Carol of the Bells...it was amazing! 

This next week we get to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. Their special guest is the King Singer's-they are a Britsh acapella group that is really famous. AND it's on my birthday! It's going to be AWESOME! I love Christmas time! I'm going to miss Christmas in Salt Lake because there are so many things to do and most of them are free or really cheap. Enjoy the season! Only 16 days until Christmas!
4 comments:
Wow, is Christmas really that soon?! Yeah, I miss Christmastime in Salt Lake. It's just not the same here. Today we had to turn on our AC because when we got home from church it was 75 degrees in our apartment! Christmas in Memphis is not as great as the song makes it sound...
Yeah, Kristi wrote on the Hicks' blog that they have had weather in the 80s in Texas. I'm acutally a little jealous as we sit under about a foot of accumulation.
Well done, Eric, for allowing Kari to cut your hair. What an act of faith and trust. I know I wasn't very good at cutting hair when I first started cutting Charlie's but I think I'm pretty good now. It just takes practice. Charlie has always had a pretty good attitude about his hair. He actually likes to be bald so he knows if I mess up he gets to go bald. I think I've only messed up that bad a couple times, one for sure.
I'm excited for Christmas too. We have made count down chains for the kids. They acutually count down until we go back to Michigan. Chelsea keeps saying she wants to go to Grandma's house and we keep telling her that we will go when she rips the last chain link. Now she keeps asking if she can rip them all off on the same day obviously thinking that will help her be able to go to Grandma's faster. My kids are excited for Christmas and it's fun to see them that way.
Hillary, when are you coming exactly?
We are going to start driving after school on the 21st. I have no idea when we'll be back though. If Thanksgiving was any indication, it will be late again. I'll call you so we can discuss things in more detail.
Post a Comment