Ok, I'm updating to say that there really isn't anything to update about. I had an appointment with a surgeon scheduled for last Thursday, but I cancelled it. I haven't had any attacks since Thanksgiving (thankfully!) and am doing well at sticking to my diet. I've found that I can eat tomatoes and be fine, so that has broadened my choices considerably. I'm still staying away from all fatty foods (including cheese, which has been the most difficult) and red meat. Besides that, there isn't much I won't eat as long as it is in small quantities. (We really splurged this weekend and I had guacamole, one of my all-time favorites.) And hey, I've been noticing that my pants aren't as tight--it's been great! So, yeah, we're kind of waiting until we get our tax returns back to see where we are financially. I'm thinking that the perfect time to have surgery would be during Jason's spring break at the end of February, so I'll do more about it in January.
Oh yeah, and the countdown has begun. I'll be flying out to Utah in just eight days...this season has flown by so far!
6 comments:
If you want to get the surgery scheduled by February you should probably meet with the surgeon as soon as possible. Though surgery might seem urgent to you, it will take them awhile to schedule you in.
Heather has a good point. I'm glad that you haven't had another attack, but I hope you don't get complacent and think it won't happen again. You should plan on getting it taken care of.
Yeah, I guess you're right. My friend had gall bladder surgery and she said they were able to get her in that week. That was probably just a fluke, though. I'm sure it usually doesn't happen so quickly.
I'd be happy to come down and be there when you have the surgery. I'm sure it would make Kathy Northgrave happy. Let me know.
Eric says that if they do the new kind of surgery (laproscopy?) you'll be in and out in a day and only have 4 little holes in your stomach. No biggie. Plus, don't you want to be able to eat things like peanut butter? I love peanut butter and couldn't imagine life without it.
ALSO I am VERY excited to have you come! It's going to be a BLAST! WOHOO!!!
Post a Comment