I just read a story on Yahoo about a brain-eating ameoba that enters a person's body through their nose and eats their brain. It's called Naegleria fowleri. Obviously, since it eats the brain, it is deadly. It's extremely rare, but 6 people have died from it this year. The report said that that number is a spike from other years. They warn that it's more common in warm, southern states. The cases of deaths were in Florida, Texas, and Arizona. Sometimes I think it's really scary that there are so many kinds of things are out there that can affect you or someone you love without you being able to do anything about it.
On a lighter note, Jana, what is the picture index you were talking about that you keep getting family pictures from? I'd like to check it out.
5 comments:
AHHH!!! That was a little scary...but I guess interesting. Now I never want to move to the South. I am glad that you are expanding your knowledge of things.
You need to quit reading all that stuff, it will warp your brain. Jana's getting those pictures from the cds I gave all of you for Christmas a couple of years ago. I'm glad to see that some people are looking at them (obviously not all).
Yeah, I was using the CDs Mom gave us. It's pretty fun looking through them, and very easy with all the descriptions she's included.
Oh, and yeah, I'm glad I live in the South. Not only are we at risk for homicide, but brainacide as well.
I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to look at those CDs. They are packed away somewhere. That is one of the many "benefits" of moving. I mean that rather sarcastically. I really HATE moving. Otherwise, I would love to look at the CD and will love to find it when I can eventually unpack my life (whenever that may be).
Mom, I would look at those pictures more if they worked on my computer-we can't all be fancy like you guys with your new fangled machines.
Post a Comment