Friday, October 19

Diapers, diapers everywhere

With Harvey's arrival just around the corner I thought I'd quiz the Hairs and the Hicks as to which diapers are worth my time and which to avoid. I have some from my shower but I'd like to have a couple of extra packs (apparently nesting to me means buying droves of stuff to fill our pantry and diaper closets). So far, it looks like Sam's Club has the best prices even compared to diapers on sale and with coupons in the other discount stores. Do any of the stores have particularly good store name brand diapers? Thanks for any and all advice. I thought Kari might find it useful, too.

5 comments:

Jana said...

I actually like Target brand, and they're pretty cheap. Some of my friends, though, will only buy Luvs and they said that Luvs at Walmart are the same price as the Kirkland brand from Costco (which I've never used). We have been using White Cloud (from Walmart) and they're ok, but not my favorite. I found that I like the White Cloud size 2 diapers better than I liked their newborn size, but don't ask me why. I usually go for what's cheapest and I've been lucky because Addie doesn't seem to have a very sensitive bum. I know some brands bother some babies, but she's been fine with whatever. Ok, so that was a long answer, but, in sum, I like Target. The end.

Jana said...

Oh yeah, and you really don't need many newborn packages. We only used 3 packages and she was out of them. Some friends told me to get a whole bunch, but we just bought two packages and the hospital gave us one, and that's all we used. They really don't stay that small for long.

K.E.N said...

Good to know, thank you for the advice. I hope I remember it when the time comes.

Hillary said...

I agree with Jana, don't buy too many size Newborn. It's surprising how fast they grow out of that size.

I personally like the Sam's Club brand. That's what I use now. Unfortunately, they don't make any Sam's Club brand sizes smaller than 3. So for the smaller sizes I usually bought the Wal-mart brand (I think it's called Parents Choice or something like that) or Luvs.

I've never tried the White Cloud brand or the Target brands that Jana mentioned. Pampers are good diapers, but really you don't need to spend that much money for something your baby just poops in.

Hillary said...

I just remembered today that I really liked the Huggies brand for the newborn size. I just thought they fit the best.