Saturday, September 29

Random Stuff

I just got back from the women's broadcast at the stake center. I'm curious as to how each of you Relief Society members watched it, at home or did you go to a church, or did you opt out? Dad and I chaperoned the choir while they practiced with 5 schools and the Ann Arbor Symphony this week. It sounded really good. I guess you would expect all of those classical people in Ann Arbor to have a good symphony orchestra. I hope you're enjoying Fall wherever you are. In 2 weeks Dad and I are going to use our yearly October trip to hit as many cider mills as we can in 2 days. I think it will be fun, I'll let you know.

6 comments:

K.E.N said...

To be honest, I totally forgot abou the women's broadcast, until Eric heard a women talking about it while we were out yesterday. Oops! By that time, it had already started and we were in down town on a date. But we went DIing yesterday-we hit 2 DIs and we got the steal of the century. We found a slightly used playpen that works (we checked at the store)and has a changing table that attaches to the top and it was only $8! No joke. What a great day!

Jana said...

I'm jealous of your cider mill trip, that sounds like a lot of fun. We had a dinner at the stake center and then watched the RS broadcast. I really enjoyed it and thought a lot of what was said was relatable and applicable to me. It made me wonder if "family is what I do best" and I decided to make a couple changes/improvements. I always enjoy talks are simple and help me make attainable goals.

Hillary said...

The stake here had a service project, served dinner and then we watched the broadcast. It was a nice activity and it gave me a chance to get to know a few more people, even if they aren't in my ward.

I liked the messages at the conference as well. It was nice to here from the members of the new RS general presidency. What I like about the new presidency is that they don't ift the "mold". The one lady is Hispanic and the other is a single lady with some weight issues. That isn't what we I remember as being in the presidency before. I think it's a breathe of fresh air.

I'm jealous of your trip too. That sounds like lots of fun. I really love cider and those cinnamon doughnuts, especially in the fall. I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy that this year though. I haven't seen any cider mills (I haven't really looked either though).

Kari, you did get a good deal. Playpens are a nice things to have and with a changing table that makes it even better.

Mom said...

Here is some interesting trivia. The Hispanic member of the General Relief Society Presidency, Sister Alred, is Albert Alred's mother!

Jana said...

Really?!? How crazy! It's like playing the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon!

Hillary said...

I wondered that when I saw her name. I thought it might be a pretty uncommon name and the chance was good that they were related some how. What a small world it turns out to be sometimes.

Jana, what do you mean about the Kevin Bacon thing?