Sunday, September 16
Little things
With secondary applications it really depends on the school, but it also depends on how fast Eric gets them back. Chicago wants a recommendation from a doctor and we are still trying to figure out how to get that from a doctor that actually knows Eric-all the ones he works with at the hospital don't really interact on a personal level with the orderlies. The other two schools were MSU and a school in Missouri. Our kind of exciting news is that we just planned a little vacation for us in October and finalized things today. We are going to hit 3 temples in 4 days. First we are going down to St. George and staying with his brother and going to the St. George temple. Next we will go down to Vegas and stay with his sister. We are going to go to the strip b/c I've never been there and the next day to the Las Vegas temple. Then we will go up to Manti and stay there a couple of days in this really cute inn with themed rooms-and of course, go to the Manti temple (I've wanted to go back since I received my endowments there). And then come home. It should be really awesome and since it is fall break at school, all we'll miss is 2 days of work. We are really excited! And we're glad to hear that everything is going well for all those back in MI and WI...and we like, Hillary, that your kids already have parts in the program even though you hadn't even been to church yet-that's awesome. We miss you guys and maybe some of you can come back here after the baby is born *wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You don't hope things are going well for us in Memphis?!? :)
I guess you were clumped with those of us more north of you, Jana :)!
That trip you have planned sounds like to much fun. I'd love to be able to hit so many temple in such a small amount of time. Out in the "mission field" though, the temples are more spread out.
We wish you luch with the secondary applications. We'd love for you to end up in Chicago or MSU.
I know things are going well for you guys, Jana...I just talked to you. But you are right-we do always wish you guys well too. :)
Isn't there a way to get a recommendation from Eric's family doctor or maybe a doctor in his parents' ward? I would suspect he knows a doctor, even if he hasn't worked for one. Just let me know and I'll ask one of the doctors in our stake to write him a recommendation; maybe even the doctor who is on staff at the MSU hospital. We could certainly get one from one of the DO's who are here. (He might have to interview Eric on the telephone to be able to write the recommendation, however). It wouldn't be much different than trying to find one in Utah that he doesn't personally know either. Just a thought.
Post a Comment