Friday, May 25

Summer is almost here!

Charlie's last day is June 8th. We've only been counting down now since the beginning of May, maybe even the end of April. It has become harder and harder for Charlie to stay motivated to work, especially since he gave his letter of resignation. But he's trying to hand in there and do the best job he can, because that's the type of person he is. His brother, Les, has his first interview on Wed. this week. They turned him down. He has several other schools he has applied for so we aren't worried for him yet. Ironically enough, Flat Rock is looking for a social studies/Spanish combo for the middle school. Charlie told Les to apply. We think it will be funny if he gets the job there. Charlie thinks Les has a better temperment for middle school aged kids then he does. I've been slowly working on the house we are living in. I have one bedroom almost totally painted. I only have the door, ceiling and closet to paint. It's hard since I can only paint when the kids are sleeping. I have washed the walls in the living room and hope to start painting it this weekend. I'm looking forward to having the living room painted so I can bring real furniture into it. So far, we've been sitting on camping chairs because they are easier to move around to paint.

For those of you who might not know, Jocelyn and her husband, Les, moved out at the beginning of April. They moved in with Charlie's parents. That is why we don't have real furniture in the living room. It's been nice to have a house to myself again. So, we are fixing the house up to sell it for Les and Jocelyn. They plan on staying with Charlie's parents or in their house for several years so they won't need this house any more. We just happen to have the skills and time to be able to fix it up. It worked out pretty good. I'm sorry if I've already told you about this, I can't remember who I tell and who I don't.

So even though the summer will be full of hard work on this house, I'm still excited for it to come because Charlie will be home. I'm feeling like my patience is running short. I'm definatly not cut out to be a single mom, and I'm sure my poor kids could support me in that. I'm afraid I'm not the nicest person too much of the time lately and I think it's just because I'm tired. I just hope it gets better when Charlie is here to help. I hate to think that this is who I am now.

Well, I should probably get to bed and get some sleep before my kids wake up in the morning. Take care everyone.

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Has Charlie heard from any of those schools that he applied to awhile back? What about that one that spent so much time with him at the job fair? I just can't remember your time frame of waiting to hear from schools before you started looking out of state. But, I'm glad that school's almost out...I really couldn't imagine having 5 kids to care for and raise all by myself. Kudos to you for hanging in there. And thank you so much for the prayers, they will definitely be felt. Love you!

Hillary said...

No, we haven't heard from any schools yet. We hope he will start interviewing soon, like this week. We have decided that we won't look out of state until the end of July. We know he will get hired out of state pretty quick, so we aren't too worried about only having a month before school starts to find a job. The tricky part will probably be finding a house and moving before school starts, but I just really hope that doesn't happen. I'd really like to stay in Michigan.

Jana said...

I'm excited that Charlie will be back at home. That is the one major thing I'm not looking forward to about optometry school, that Jason will be gone so much of the time, but at least he'll get to sleep at home with me at night.

Hopefully the job hunt will work out, and quickly! Our prayers are with you.