Saturday, May 12

Spring

It's been so pretty here the last week. The lilacs are out and smell so good. The tulips and daffodils that Merrit sold me last year bloomed and are so colorful. The grass just keeps growing and growing. If we could find a good deal on a tractor, both Dad and I are ready to buy one. We're getting to old and feeble to walk behind the old one anymore. Dad even borrowed Molly's tractor last week and mowed our backyard. He says that it isn't as easy as you might think, since it doesn't turn on a dime and takes some maneuvering. We'll see how long it will take to talk ourselves into it. Of course, if we get a tractor then we have to build a shed to put it in. One thing leads to another in the way of home ownership. The play is over. The second weekend was totally sold out all 3 performances! Everyone who saw it really liked it. On Saturday night there were a number of people from the ward who went, so we meet at Riffles before hand and had dinner together, then went to the play. The week before, Castros had gone to Northville High's production of The Sound of Music. Susie said it was really bad. She was glad to go to a good high school play. Anyway, on with life! Dad still hasn't heard about the new job, so we still don't know what we're going to do about a summer vacation. We've thought of several options, and we'll just have to wait and see which one it will be. Enjoy the spring while it lasts, summer will be here soon enough.

6 comments:

K.E.N said...

So, all of those options are for coming right? None of the options is to stay in Michigan, right? you guys have to come and see our new apartment with the little yard. And maybe, if you want you could help us paint. :) Anyway, however you get here, please just make sure that you guys come. LOVE YOU!

Jana said...

I love the smell of spring as well, I was noticing it yesterday as I came out of work.

I, too, hope that you'll be able to come out here! I would hate for you to miss the birth of my little one!

Mom said...

We will be there, it's just when and how that is up in the air.

Hillary said...

So, Mom, would you consider selling us the old lawn mower when you get your tractor? Just wondering, ours isn't doing so well. I know it will be easier for you to mow with a tractor. I'll keep my eye open for any good deals. I'm sure we can help you build your new shed too.

Mom said...

Hillary, we'll need to keep the old one to do the edges. Tractors don't get very close to the edge. And besides, Kurt already asked.

Hillary said...

Man, Kurt, what do you need a lawn mower for?!?!?!