Monday, April 9

Quiche recipe

Here is an easy recipe I found in the Parade magazine.

Ham and Cheese Quiche

1 9" deep dish pie shell (thawed)
2 cups shredded sharp cheese
1 cup chopped ham
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper (optional)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup evaporated milk


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together cheese, ham, onion and green pepper. Spoon in pie shell. Whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over ham and cheese mixture. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Recipe is easily double and extra can be frozen.

We tried it with green peppers yesterday and it was great. Preparations go a lot faster if you buy the ham already cubed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I made this last night. I like it a lot more than my usual quiche recipe. I should have made up a second one to freeze but wanted to try it first. I added cut up asparagus which Kurt liked but I didn't. I usually love asparagus so I'm chalking that up to pregnancy. Very good and quick to prepare. Thanks!