Wednesday, March 7

We Got a House!

We put an offer in on this house Monday morning and, after some negotiations, our offer was accepted last night! We'll go out with the inspector in the next couple of days and then things will be official. We originally had proposed April 6th for closing but they couldn't make that so we pushed it back to May 4th so it would be after my thesis was over. I would have liked to have gotten into the home sooner but at least this way I don't have to pack and move while writing my thesis. It will be nice to deal with that after I'm done with my school responsibilities.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Congratulations! I like the house-- the kitchen and big, wood-trimmed windows are especially impressive. Is the country lane picture your driveway? It seems quiet and secluded, with a large yard. Congrats again! So many exciting things are happening in our family!

K.E.N said...

YIPEE!!!! We really like the house. It looks like a good size and we think that the kitchen is beautiful-nice appliances and tile (we like to watch those flip the house shows so we know -wink-) But that's awesome. So, are we going to be able to go out and see it while we are in Michigan? That is really exciting. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOHOO!

Kurt said...

At the end of the street there's a paved path that leads to a nice playground. That's what the "country lane" is.

We won't actually have closed on the house until May 4 (the Friday after Gala). It might be tricky to go tour it because they might still be moving stuff out at that time. We can always ask, though.

Hillary said...

YEAH!!! We are so excited for you guys. Now if we could only find some place to buy. But all in good time. I think it will be better for us to buy once we know where Charlie is going to be teaching next year. That house you are buying is so nice. I think you will really like it. We'll enjoy coming to visit you in it.