Monday, January 8

A Hairy Update

Over the weekend we had an exciting experience...both of my ear drums burst! If you haven't had your ear drums burst before, it is very painful. On Saturday one burst, on Sunday the other. I must have a fairly low tolerance for pain, but it really killed. Thank goodness for epidurals! Anyhow, I am now on some antibiotics, very expensive ear drops, continual doses of Sudafed, and Extra-strengh Tylenol. That's right, I am a walking pharmacy.

As for Jason, school has started again. He's taking less credits and what he hopes are easier classes this semester. We are excited to have him graduate from UVSC this summer, he'll be the first college graduate in his family, and I am so proud of him! We have decided, 100%, that we're moving to Memphis and attending SCO in August.

Our big ultrasound is scheduled for Feb 20th, but we are still undecided whether or not to find out the gender. I don't want to, but Jason does. My thinking is this: how many good surprises do we get in life? Might as well make this one last as long as possible. His thinking is just like everyone elses--practical. But I don't care if our kid wears green for the first month! I honestly want to buy as little as possible before we move since we'll be moving about 5 weeks after we the baby. We have sort of decided that he'll find out and not tell anyone (including me), but I don't know how long that will last. Hmmm... I'm still trying to convince him that a surprise is so much more fun. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Sorry, Jana, I have to side with Jason. I'm not a very patient person and I could never wait. I also think it is practical to be able to plan. We debated not finding out when I was pregnant with Makayla because we already had one of each and had left over baby stuff for both sexes. But in the end, I just couldn't wait that long to find out. Plus, I hated calling the baby "it". I liked refering to the baby as a her or a him, even if we couldn't decide on a name right away. But that's just me.

Jason said...

Thanks Hillary