Tuesday, January 16

finding out the gender

Well, we're finding out the gender of our little one on February 20th. As you know, I don't want to know, but Jason does, so the only fair way we could decide what to do was flip a coin. The big flip happened yesterday and (dang it!) I lost.

It will be fun to know, I just have to get used to the idea. I've always wanted a big surprise right there in the hospital room, but I suppose it's not meant to be. *sigh* I'm worried that by knowing that far in advance we'll accumulate a lot more things than if we didn't know--and the more we accumulate, the more stuff we have to move to Memphis. It's a lot easier to buy stuff for babies when you know the gender, so not finding out was another tactic to save us money on moving costs! Oh well.

Jason and I did decide that we'll find out the gender every other baby, so at least in another 2 or so years I'll get my surprise...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry the coin toss didn't turn out in your favor. I can't wait to hear if we have another niece or nephew coming, however I'll refrain from sending the presents west and wait to send them south instead.

Hillary said...

I think you might be thankful in the end to know what you're having. And I'll do as Heather is and wait to send anything until you move. It's a super exciting thing to find out the sex of the baby. Have fun!

Jana said...

Heather, Hillary--thank you for your support. I hope I end up seeing it your way, as a positive. I am getting more excited, it will be fun to know, I just don't think it will be AS fun. Oh well. I'll know soon enough...4 more weeks!