Sunday, November 3

Halloween 2013

Here's a picture of the boys in their costumes. Walter is a chicken. The astute reader may recognize this costume from a few years ago when Harvey wore it, although Harvey was two when he wore it. Harvey is a cowboy/farmer. We had a vampire costume for him that he had helped pick out, but he had worn this outfit to school and didn't want to change out of it when it was time for trick or treating. (His school doesn't do costume dress-up for Halloween, they have a "Harvest Day" where everyone can dress like a farmer.) Maybe he'll want to be a vampire next year.

As for the night itself, it was pretty rainy, so Harvey only wanted to do three houses. We basically just did our immediate neighbors and then came home. I think we got about 30 kids the whole night. I had over half the candy left at 8 o'clock when trick or treating ends. So I left the light on and decided to give away the rest of the candy if anyone else showed up. At 8:15, three teenage boys rang the bell, so they each got two huge handfuls and that was almost everything.


4 comments:

K.E.N said...

So cute!

Mom said...

Thanks for the picture, I love the look on their faces!

Joy Hutchinson said...

awww... Love it!!

Hillary said...

I did recognize the chicken costume. We reuse our costumes too. Love it!