Thursday, February 7

Babysitter Mommy

I have decided to start babysitting!!! Although I guess I already babysit if you include me playing with Zalen. The reason behind me wanting to babysit mainly has to do with me wanting to be a help to Jim. He works two full time jobs and does classes online, and somewhere in there he tries to squeeze in family time. I LOVE being a stay at home mom but I also want Jim to get time to relax and see Zalen grow up (He does new tricks and sounds every day it seems). To come up with a way that I could remain a stay at home mom and help with income I decided to Babysit. I've babysat in the past over the years. I started when I was 13 and did it on and off up until about the time I got married to Jim. Since I'm still fairly new to the area I'm having trouble getting any contacts to touch bases with. I've made a blog and Facebook page to try and get my name out there in hopes for networking and connections through people I do know in the area. I came up with the name Babysitter Mommy by making a Gmail account. It was the only name available that had babysitter and mom in it, so I took it and then I started to like the name so I used it as my Blog name. I could really use your help to get my name out there. Please, if you know anyone that live near me that would be interested in a babysitter refer them to me. Thanks so much!!!

                                                        Here is my Blog! Check it out!!


                                       www.babysittermommy.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Great idea. One of the hardest parts of starting your own business is getting it going. Hang in there and be persistent and it should pay off.

Jimbobalouis said...

Yeah. I haven't even had one call yet lol

Heather said...

Try craiglist, too. They have a childcare section where people advertise services from hourly to nanny to childcare centers.

Jana said...

Yeah, I know I told you about my friend who does in-home daycare for two kids. She advertised on craigslist.

She charges a monthly rate, since both kids come daily. You could do something like that. If the kids have to be gone for some reason, they still pay the same monthly fee, but if she takes a vacation, then she deducts what they pay. I think it's a good situation for her, and the kids are dropped off right at her door!

I could ask her what she charges, if you're interested. One child is very young infant, so I'm sure she charges moer for her. The other is in elementary school, the bus even picks him up at her house. Anyhow, good luck!

Jimbobalouis said...

I tried Craiglist and I got a lot of scams so I deleted it. :( I'm just going to stick to passing out flyers and using my Blog and Facebook page. Thanks so much for all the advise! :)

Hillary said...

You should have Jim post the flyers around campus at EMU. I'm sure there are quite a few young student parents who could use your services. Or you could even see if the campus has a newspaper you could advertise in.